Chalkboard Art Kitchen Quote: Take It or Leave It ~ FREE PRINTABLE

Today I’m sharing a kitchen chalkboard art printable that perfectly embodies my philosophy as head chef here at Casa de Five Heart Home.

Chalkboard Art Kitchen Quote: Take It or Leave It ~ Free Printable  |  {Five Heart Home}Hey, I could have said, “Eat it or starve.”

All kidding aside, this quote is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but it also rings pretty true around here. When I saw this sentiment floating around Pinterest, I knew I had to create a version of my own. Because while I certainly keep in mind the preferences and aversions of my family members when planning and preparing meals, I am not a short order cook, and my kids learn this early on. If I cook something that is perfectly child-friendly and someone still decides not to eat it, that is his or her prerogative…but little Miss/Mr. Picky shouldn’t be expecting me to fix them something else.

Chalkboard Art Kitchen Quote: Take It or Leave It ~ Free Printable | {Five Heart Home}Now I’m not totally cruel here. I don’t expect my kids to eat the likes of sushi or liver and onions or anything. When I was growing up, my parents actually did allow my brother and I to opt out of the latter meal. You see, we were also raised with a take it or leave it menu choice mentality, but Liver & Onions Night was the one dinner for which we were given the free pass of a peanut butter sandwich. Thank you, Mom and Dad.

Chalkboard Art Kitchen Quote: Take It or Leave It ~ Free Printable | {Five Heart Home}So with the exception of liver and onions, if you take a similar approach to the menu options offered from your kitchen, have a little fun and slap this chalkboard art printable in a frame. Life is too short not to laugh, and it’s definitely too short to cook a separate dinner for everyone. πŸ˜‰

Chalkboard Art Kitchen Quote: Take It or Leave It ~ Free Printable | {Five Heart Home}Click HERE to download printable.

This kitchen printable is a high-resolution PDF sized to fit in an 8×10-inch frame. You may print it on regular paper or cardstock on your home printer and trim to size. I wouldn’t recommend printing a chalkboard art printable at a photo lab because the glossy finish won’t resemble an actual chalkboard. Along the same lines, frame a chalkboard art printable without the glass to give it a more authentic chalkboard look.

This post is linked to Terrific Tuesday #78 at Adventures of a DIY Mom, Dandelion Wishes Wednesday #16 at Ashley’s Dandelion Wishes, Two Girls & a Party #31 at Life With the Crust Cut Off, Live Laugh Linky #76 at Live Laugh Rowe, Hookin’ Up with HoH #163 at House of Hepworths, Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop #25, Sunday Linky #23 at Suburbs Mama, Inspiration Monday Party at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Monday Funday Link Party {33} at Uncommon Designs, Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop at Carrie This Home, Give Me the Goods Monday at Rain on a Tin Roof, and Monday Menu Plan Linky Party at SusieQTpie’s Cafe.

Comments

1. Thank you for the wonderful sign. As soon as our new house is built, this will be displayed (clearly) in the kitchen. I have the same rule in my house, which my step-children, after 5 years still can’t seem to understand!

Ha, Deborah! Well, I hope this printable helps you out. Sometimes little ones just need lots (and lots) of repetition before something sinks in… πŸ˜‰

2. Girl, I need this sign at my house. My 4 year old is the pickiest eater on the planet and we’ve had many looooooong nights at the dinner table because of it! Such a cute printable! Thanks so much for sharing!

~Abby =)

I totally sympathize, Abby…my almost-4-year-old is picky and a slow, slow chewer. Killer combo when bath time is already running late…but maybe that’s all part of his plan after all?! πŸ˜‰

3. Amy~Blissful Blonde (@amybblonde) says:

I love this! I am re doing my “Command Center” in my kitchen and this will be up there for sure! Thank you for another great Free Printable πŸ™‚

You’re very welcome, Amy! I have to admit, I chuckle a little every time I look at it on our kitchen counter… πŸ˜‰

4. So cute! Thanks for sharing. Don’t forget to link up to The DIY’ers!

5. Oh yes! This is going in my kitchen! Thanks πŸ™‚

Ha ha, Kim…glad you can use it! That quote just speaks to some of us, doesn’t it? πŸ˜‰

6. This looks great! I absolutely love this idea! I’m co-hosting Tell Me Tuesday over at Craft Dictator! You should come link up with us!

7. I love this quote! =)

8. Oh my goodness! I have this conversation every night with my second son. He starts again me what’s for dinner two hours before so he can prepare himself. HA!

I have two boys and a little girl too! I love my boys but there’s nothing like playing dress up with my girl! πŸ˜‰

I’m off to check out all your other posts! Take care ~ Ashley

So funny, Ashley…he sounds just like middle child! What is it about those second born boys? πŸ˜‰

And how much fun is the two-boys-and-then-a-girl combo? I love that the baby is always going to be protected by her big brothers. Thanks so much for stopping by…I enjoyed exploring your site as well!

9. I love this printable! I have a small wall in my kitchen that needs some updating & this would be perfect! Thanks for linking up to Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop!

Glad you have a good spot for it, Carrie! And thanks so much for hosting…I had fun linking up! πŸ™‚

10. Ohh, I need definitely need this hanging in my kitchen, My restaurant is lately not appreciate!
    Thank you so much !
    x
    Yasmina

11. A woman after my own heart! We had potato salad as part of supper and my super fussy son ate a bowl of cereal and acted like he was punishing us. A bit later he came back, I’ll give it a try, this isn’t bad, proceeded to take 3 serving spoonfuls,lol.
    Janet

I can relate, Janet! Aren’t kids funny like that? Mine always eat better when I can manage to act like I don’t care if or what they eat! Thanks for the comment…have a great weekend!

12. Very Cute! lol If you have time, feel free to come link it up in my Monday Menu Plan party! I just saw this on Org Junkie! Susie

13. I love this sign! Thanks for sharing! I had to remind my son of this last night when he stated that he didn’t like what I had cooked for dinner.

Glad to hear it resonates with you too, Danielle! I find it’s sometimes helpful to have a framed reminder to back me up… πŸ˜‰

14. Love this!~! Where did you get the frame? It’s very cute as well πŸ™‚

• or actually where did you get the book holder it’s sitting in ?????

I’ve had that for a few years as well. It’s the Napa Cookbook Stand (I think that’s what it was called) from Southern Living at Home. I don’t know that the company is around any more, but I imagine you can still find the cookbook holder (or a similar one) on eBay. Good luck!

The frame is really old, Cheryl…I’m sorry that I can’t tell you where it came from!

15. L.O.V.E. this!!!! It is perfect. When printing do u use a laser printer? Does it really drain the toner??? & Did u use card stock? The cardstock over here (Australia) has a “weave texture” to it. Anyways its definitely making it to my kitchen wall. My family is pretty good, but the kids including the big kid (hubby) always can do with this reminder πŸ˜‰

Hi Juanita! I do have a laser printer, but my black toner cartridge holds quite a bit so I don’t think that its ink level was affected by printing out this one printable. And I did print it on cardstock, though it should work just fine on regular paper if that gives you the smoother texture you’re going for.

Hope your whole family enjoys seeing this reminder on the wall! πŸ˜‰

16. I love it! It reflects 100% my attitude when cooking! I shared it with my readers , couldn’t help myself! Thank you for creating it! πŸ™‚

Ha, Joanna — I’m always glad to hear that others share my sentiment! πŸ˜‰ And thanks so much for sharing with your readers…hope they enjoy it, too! πŸ™‚

1. […] I found this cute chalkboard printable this week that I just had to share with you.Β  Love it!Β  To download please visit Five Heart Home. […]

2. […] one is a perfect reflection of my cooking philosophy, you can get it at the Five Heart Home blog […]

3. […] Kitchen Conversions / Chicken (+ more) Β / Take It or Leave It […]