Pumpkin Vanilla Parfaits with Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola

A blend of vanilla yogurt and pumpkin puree is layered with Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola to create beautiful parfaits that taste like fall!

Pumpkin Vanilla Parfaits with Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola  |  {Five Heart Home}Hi. My name is Samantha, and I’m addicted to pumpkin. You’ve probably figured that out already, seeing as how this is my fourth pumpkin recipe in five weeks. But y’all…I just can’t stop myself! Please send help.

Pumpkin Vanilla Parfaits with Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola  |  {Five Heart Home}Even if you’re not quite as pumpkin obsessed as me, today’s post has something for you anyway. Some of my longtime followers (four months and counting! Woo-hoo!) may remember a granola recipe that I posted back in the summer as one of the first recipes I shared here. That Nut & Honey Granola is a tried and true family favorite. I’ve been making it for years and have perfected it just the way we love it. But the other day, I was feeling a bit rebellious and decided to mess with it.

Pumpkin Vanilla Parfaits with Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola  |  {Five Heart Home}After all, pumpkin shouldn’t be the only one to lay claim to fall flavors! So on a whim, I gave an autumn twist to my perfect, classic granola. I used pure maple syrup in lieu of honey, I swapped out my beloved almonds and cashews for some toasty pecans, and I added cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg for a hint of spice.

Pumpkin Vanilla Parfaits with Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola  |  {Five Heart Home}Oh. My. Goodness. Why had I never tinkered with this recipe before?! The results of my experimentation were delicious. The granola maintained its perfect chewy-crunchy, almost glazed texture (thank you, coconut oil). But it no longer tasted coconutty. The maple syrup and spices contributed that distinct fall flavor I’d been hoping for, and the pecans were the perfect, meaty accompaniment. Yum, yum, YUM.

Pumpkin Vanilla Parfaits with Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola  |  {Five Heart Home}But you know what I left out that would make this version of granola even more fun? Pumpkin seeds! I think they would tie into the autumnal theme and the warm cinnamon-maple flavors perfectly, so I’ll be sure to toss some in the next time I make a batch of this granola (which, at the rate we’re eating it, is just a few short days away).

When I tasted my revamped, cinnamon-infused granola, I just knew I had to turn it into a festive, October-appropriate breakfast for my two granola-lovin’ boys. So I mixed some pumpkin purée into vanilla yogurt, sweetened it with more maple syrup and spiced it with more cinnamon, and layered it with some granola in tall glasses. Not only were the resulting parfaits scrumptious, but they were quite lovely to behold as well.

Pumpkin Vanilla Parfaits with Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola  |  {Five Heart Home}Granola makes a fabulous breakfast or snack, and it’s equally perfect for gift-giving. So whip up this version of maple+cinnamon+pecan goodness as a seasonal treat and, if you’re addicted obsessed enamored with pumpkin like I am, consider layering it into these pretty, tasty parfaits to brighten someone’s morning. (And it’s absolutely okay if that someone is you!)

Pumpkin Vanilla Parfaits with Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola  |  {Five Heart Home}In the meantime, I promise to seek a pumpkin intervention. After all, I think it’s time I start studying up on apple recipes anyway…

Pumpkin Vanilla Parfaits with Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola

1 serving

Pumpkin Vanilla Parfaits with Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola

• 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
  • 1 cup Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola (*see recipe below)

1. In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and maple syrup until well blended.
  2. In a tall glass, layer pumpkin mixture and granola, starting with pumpkin and ending with granola. Serve with a long spoon and enjoy!

Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola

Yield: 10 cups

Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola

Classic granola gets an autumn twist with flavors of maple syrup and cinnamon.

• 4 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 2 cups shredded coconut
  • 2 cups chopped pecans
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup

1. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together oats, coconut, pecans, and spices. Pour coconut oil over mixture and stir. Repeat with maple syrup and stir all ingredients until evenly coated.
  3. Transfer granola onto a 13"x18"x1" sheet pan and spread into an even layer. Bake, stirring and flipping with a wooden spoon every 10 minutes, until the mixture turns a nice, even, golden brown, about 30 minutes total.
  4. Remove granola from the oven and stir frequently as it cools, scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking. Once completely cool, store in an airtight container.

Measure the maple syrup into the same measuring cup you used for the coconut oil. The residue of the oil helps the syrup slide out of the cup without sticking.

If you prefer, melted butter may be substituted for the coconut oil.

For a fun twist, add a cup of pumpkin seeds.

The granola will probably need to bake for a total of about 30 minutes, but ovens vary so watch the granola carefully, particularly the first time you make it. If you cut the recipe in half, it will require less time, and if you double it and cook two sheet pans at once (switching racks and rotating pans each time you stir), it will take longer.

Since this granola tends to stick to the pan if not stirred very frequently during the cooling process, I've found that using a Silpat or some parchment paper on the bottom of your sheet pan alleviates this problem (you just have to stir carefully to make sure the granola doesn't wind up stuck under the parchment paper).

Granola recipe adapted from Five Heart Home.

This post may be linked up to Live Laugh Rowe, Posed Perfection, Mandy’s Recipe Box, House of Rose, 4 Little Fergusons, Lil’ Luna, Uncommon Designs, and these fabulous parties!

Comments

1. What a great idea! These look delicious – I bet they’d be perfect for a brunch party.

Thanks so much, Sarah! I agree…they’d be really fun and pretty for a party. 🙂 Thanks so much for stopping by!

2. Hi from another pumpkin addict! (I may have eaten pumpkin cheesecake for lunch). This looks wonderful and the granola sounds to die for. I’m planning on making your Pumpkin spice drink this weekend. We finally have cooled down here, so it feels more like fall.

Glad to know I’m in good company with my pumpkin addiction, Kristin, and I’m so happy that you’re enjoying my excessive pumpkin posts! P.S. Pumpkin cheesecake makes a perfectly acceptable lunch. Everybody knows that… 😉

3. These Parfaits look amazing! I’d love for you to link them up to our All Things Thursday Blog Hop that’s live right now. Hope to see you there!
    Blessings,
    Nici

4. Oh mah goodness!! These have my name written all over them!! Love!

You and me both, Jocelyn! My only problem is that the granola is so good that I have to exercise restraint or I won’t have enough left to make parfaits! 😉

5. How delicious!

Thanks, Jen…hope you enjoy these if you end up trying them! I appreciate you stopping by!

6. Samantha, this looks absolutely delicious! I love pumpkin pie and my whole family loves, loves homemade granola. It will definitely be a hit in our house!

Thank you, Aida! My family is addicted to homemade granola as well, and they absolutely loved this version. Hope your family enjoys it, too!

7. Samantha, this looks amazing!!! 🙂 Thank you so much for joining us each week at Best of the Weekend! Of course, pinning and will be sharing over the weekend! Have a great evening and weekend!

Thank you, Cindy…it’s a great party and I enjoyed checking out some of the other link-ups tonight! You’re such a gracious hostess…I appreciate you always stopping by!

8. This looks amazing! I love pumpkin but never thought of adding it to my greek yogurt. Brilliant! I’m pinning this for sure!

Thanks so much…pumpkin and yogurt make a pretty good combo! 🙂 Enjoy, and I appreciate the pin!

9. Great minds think alike! I just made pumpkin parfaits, too. They were amazing. The addition of pecans really makes the granola pop. Your parfaits are beautiful – I can’t make such clean and neat layers.

Thanks, Megan…pumpkin parfaits for all! And don’t feel bad about not getting neat and clean layers…my first parfait didn’t look quite this nice. 😉

10. These look amazing!!! Thanks so much for linking up tp Monady Funday! I pinned and shared this on my FB page!

Thanks so much, Melissa! I hope you enjoy this recipe, and I really appreciate the pin and FB share! Have a great week… 🙂

11. Perfect for fall! So pinning this to make this week. I have a Tuesday Greens linky on my site for real food recipes, so feel free to swing by and join up! Have a great week!

Thanks so much, Becky! I appreciate your comment and the pin! Hope your week is off to a great start… 🙂

12. Oh my, this looks sooooooooooooooo good. Thanks tons for the recipe. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party this afternoon. The party goes live at 2:30 PT. Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

13. This looks so good! Such a perfect fall treat!
    Come link up with me and share!

Thanks, Jennie! I go overboard with pumpkin every fall, but I never seem to get tired of it. I appreciate you stopping by and hope you’re having a great week! 🙂

14. My name is Sarah, I’m a fellow Texan, and I’m addicted to pumpkin too! I have a HUGE jar of homemade pumpkin butter hanging out in my fridge and I’ve already made pumpkin muffins and more this season. Pinned to my Pumptoberfest board!

Yay for pumpkin! Would you believe that I’ve never tried pumpkin butter? As much as I love pumpkin, I need to remedy that SOON. Thanks so much for the thoughtful comment and the pin, Sarah! Sounds like Texas is finally going to get some real fall weather tomorrow…all the better to enjoy our pumpkin, don’t you think?! 😉

15. Oh wow! I think I have to go to the store tomorrow. This sounds and looks really great. I pinned it too. I can’t wait to try it!!

Thanks so much for the kind words, Kathleen. I hope that you get to try this soon, and that you love it when you do! I also really appreciate the pin. Hope your week is going well! 🙂

16. These look like the perfect thing to satisfy my next pumpkin craving! Your pictures are gorgeous!!

I hope it hits the spot when that next pumpkin craving hits, Becca! And I really appreciate your kind words about my pictures…I have a lot of fun with photography, but I’m learning as I go. 😉 Have a great week!

17. Oh my goodness. This looks SO good. I’m getting the ingredients ASAP.

Just found your blog and I’m so glad I did! 🙂

Stef

Thanks so much, Stef! I’m really glad to have you here, and happy that you found a recipe to get excited about! Hope you enjoy it once you round up the ingredients… 🙂

18. I LOVE this! Delicious and seasonal! Sharing on my FB page! Thanks for linking it up at Monday Funday!

Thanks so much, Katie…and I really appreciate the FB share! I always enjoy linking up to Monday Funday…it’s a great party. Thank you for hosting each week!

19. This looks amazing!! I pinned this to Cooking Light’s Favorite Recipes board. YUM!!!

Thank you so much, Meghan! I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it. Hope you’re having a great night!

20. I love homemade granola and this sounds great! I pinned to make it soon. Saw this post at A-Zebra Celebrations! ~ Mama Ging

Welcome, Jill…I’m so happy to have you stop by! Hope you enjoy this granola…it’s one of our favorites! Have a great day!

21. What kind of pumpkin puree did you use?

Hi Sarah! I use 100% Pure Pumpkin in this recipe (like Libby’s), not pumpkin pie filling. Hope that helps…enjoy! 🙂

1. […] Pumpkin Vanilla Parfaits with Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola by Five Heart Home   […]

2. […] Pumpkin Vanilla Parfaits from Five Heart Home […]

3. […] Over the years, I’ve had fun playing with this recipe to create seasonal variations, like the Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola we’ve been munching on all […]