Lemon & White Chocolate Tiramisu ~ Mason Jar Trifles

This easy springtime version of tiramisu features soft lady fingers brushed with lemon syrup and layered in Mason jars with lemon curd and white chocolate cream, making them cute, portable, and perfect for picnics or parties!

Lemon and White Chocolate Tiramisu Mason Jar Trifles ~ a quick and easy springtime dessert; cute and portable for picnics or parties | FiveHeartHome.comIf you ask me, lemon is to spring what pumpkin is to autumn. I could happily eat both lemon and pumpkin all year long (not together, mind you), but seeing as how my brain relegates them to their stereotypical seasons, I have a hard time making a lemon dessert in December or a pumpkin one in July. But fortunately for us, at the moment it’s April, and it’s officially spring (!!!)…so I’m beyond excited to be sharing this heavenly, lemony dessert with you today.

Lemon and White Chocolate Tiramisu Mason Jar Trifles ~ a quick and easy springtime dessert; cute and portable for picnics or parties | FiveHeartHome.comYou may have already had a preview of these little beauties a few weeks ago when I had the honor of sharing them over at Lil’ Luna. But I would be remiss not to showcase them here as well, just in case you happened to miss them then!

Lemon and White Chocolate Tiramisu Mason Jar Trifles ~ a quick and easy springtime dessert; cute and portable for picnics or parties | FiveHeartHome.comIf you’ve never had the pleasure of experiencing lemon and white chocolate together before, let me assure you…those flavors were made for one another! These tiramisu trifles boast the bright, fresh taste of lemon, perfectly complemented by a smooth, sweet, white chocolate cream. And despite their fancy appearance, assembling them is a breeze. Unless you’re feeling particularly ambitious, you can buy the ladyfingers and the lemon curd at the grocery store. That leaves the white chocolate cream as the only component of this dessert that takes a bit of effort, and even then, it’s totally quick and easy to whip up.

Lemon and White Chocolate Tiramisu Mason Jar Trifles ~ a quick and easy springtime dessert; cute and portable for picnics or parties | FiveHeartHome.comWhile traditional tiramisu relies upon mascarpone cheese for one of its layers, I actually prefer using cream cheese instead in this particular recipe. Not only is cream cheese less expensive and more readily available, but it also results in a white chocolate cream with a smoother texture. I also think the underlying tang of cream cheese is a nice counterbalance to the sweetness of the white chocolate. However, that being said, if you are a tiramisu purist or a fan of mascarpone cheese in general, it is delicious in this tiramisu as well! You really can’t go wrong either way.

Lemon and White Chocolate Tiramisu Mason Jar Trifles ~ a quick and easy springtime dessert; cute and portable for picnics or parties | FiveHeartHome.comThe other great thing about these trifles is how cute and portable they are! Making the tiramisu in Mason jars means that you end up with a sweet treat that’s perfect to pack up for a picnic. These would be a lovely addition to a springtime baby or bridal shower. And how gorgeous would they be as a dessert offering on Easter? But truth be told, they’re easy enough to make that you could serve them anytime to make a regular ol’ day feel special.

Lemon and White Chocolate Tiramisu Mason Jar Trifles ~ a quick and easy springtime dessert; cute and portable for picnics or parties | FiveHeartHome.comSo are you ready to dive into this tasty, tantalizing tiramisu? After all, you can’t go wrong when luscious lemon meets a light, smooth white chocolate cream. These trifles are guaranteed to give you yet another reason to celebrate spring!

Lemon & White Chocolate Tiramisu ~ Mason Jar Trifles

Yield: 4 pint-sized Mason jars

Lemon & White Chocolate Tiramisu ~ Mason Jar Trifles

• 1/2 cup milk
  • 4 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature (very important!)
  • 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 32 small (3" long) soft ladyfingers
  • 10 ounces lemon curd

1. Heat milk until hot but not boiling. Whisk in white chocolate until melted. Set aside to cool.
  2. In a large bowl, beat 1/4 cup sugar into cream cheese. Whisk the white chocolate mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
  3. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream and vanilla until soft (not stiff) peaks form. Gently fold this whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
  4. For lemon syrup, in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and 3 tablespoons sugar until dissolved.
  5. In each of four wide-mouthed, pint-sized mason jars, fit two ladyfingers into the bottom of the jar, brush with lemon syrup, and then repeat with two more ladyfingers and additional syrup. Spread 1 tablespoon lemon curd over top of ladyfingers. Pour 1/3 cup white chocolate cream on top of lemon curd. Repeat another layer of ingredients, using 4 more ladyfingers, lemon curd, and white chocolate cream to nearly reach top of jar.
  6. If desired, garnish with lemon zest, white chocolate curls, and any leftover lemon curd drizzled on top. Place lids on jars and chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours (preferably 8+ hours) before serving.

Tips, Tricks, & Variations

If the cream cheese is not completely at room temperature, the melted white chocolate will re-solidify into little chunks once you mix the two together.

Mascarpone cheese may be substituted for the cream cheese.

If you can't find ladyfingers, thin slices of poundcake may be used instead.

White Chocolate Cream adapted from FoodNetwork.com.

More springtime goodies…

Hard-Boiled Egg Chicks & Bunnies ~ a cute way to use up those extra Easter eggs! | FiveHeartHome.comHard-Boiled Egg Chicks & Bunnies

Spring Salad with Mixed Berries, Candied Almonds, and Honey Citrus Vinaigrette ~ a beautiful, delicious salad with vibrant flavors and varied textures | FiveHeartHome.comSpring Salad with Mixed Berries, Candied Almonds, & Honey Citrus Vinaigrette

Roasted Asparagus with Brown Butter Pecans ~ a delicious spring side dish that would be perfect for Easter | FiveHeartHome.comRoasted Asparagus with Brown Butter Pecans

Honey-Glazed Carrots with Thyme and Lemon ~ a perfect spring side dish, and a gorgeous addition to your Easter menu! | FiveHeartHome.comHoney-Glazed Carrots with Thyme & Lemon

Bacon Green Bean Bundles with Brown Sugar Glaze | {Five Heart Home}Bacon Green Bean Bundles with Brown Sugar Glaze

Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies ~ mini carrot cake whoopie pies filled with cream cheese frosting make an easy, hand-held Easter dessert | FiveHeartHome.comCarrot Cake Sandwich Cookies

Chocolate Bird's Nest Cookies ~ chocolate coconut macaroon nests topped with Peeps chicks and mini chocolate eggs | FiveHeartHome.comChocolate Bird’s Nest Cookies

Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram

This post may be linked up to House of Rose, 4 Little Fergusons, and these fabulous parties!

Comments

1. Genius, yup… absolutely genius! I am a total fan of the regular tiramisu but then you add the lemon twist! Can’t wait to give these a try Samantha!

You’re too sweet, Krista! I enjoy any variation of tiramisu, and I love lemon desserts in general, so this particular combo came honestly… ;)

2. this is my new favorite dessert! oh my YUM

3. Oh my those look amazing! I found this recipe on Pinterest and had to check it out! I am definitely repining this one on my Lemon Recipes board. I just love lemon!

Thanks, Heidi! I’m a big fan of lemon as well…I can’t wait to check out your board. :) Thanks so much for the pin!

4. These look wonderful. I love lemon curd.

5. Hey it’s Deonna from the Child at Heart blog. I LOVE this and would love for you to link up at our link party this week! I also have a super great spring necklace to give away so come on over :)

6. Samantha, these are SO gorgeous! I love how they look like sunshine in a jar. I am a sucker for anything lemon and white chocolate. Totally sold on these lovelies :)

Thank you, Amy…you’re the best! I love the idea of sunshine in a jar! I’ve always thought lemons were so cheery, but you’ve put it into words beautifully. :) Thanks for stopping by…I hope your weekend is wonderful!

7. Samantha,these look so delicious and I am a total and complete lemon addict, so drooling here! Pinning!

Thanks so much, Cindy! I hope you get to try these…they’re definitely drool-worthy. ;) And thank you for the pin! Have a great weekend!

8. These look so delightful. Lovin lemon lately. Pinning!
    Have a beautiful day!

Thank you, Melanie…I really appreciate the sweet comment and the pin! Hope your weekend is fabulous!

9. You make the best recipes! You do not have to convince me that white chocolate and lemon go together. I had a See’s Candy Company chocolate that was that combo and it was divine. This presentation is
    soooooo cheery. You wanted to spring into spring. I think you certainly accomplished that.

What a sweet comment, Carol…thank you! I’ve only had See’s while visiting California, but I heard a rumor that it’s coming to my part of Texas so I’m going to have to hunt down that white chocolate lemon candy now…yum! I appreciate you stopping by…happy weekend!

10. Such a wonderful idea and the mason jars make it simple and family friendly. Just wanted you to know that I’ll be featuring this post tomorrow for the Easter Round-Up.

Thanks so much, Brandyn, and I appreciate you featuring these in your round-up and hopping over to let me know! Hope your weekend is off to a great start!

11. WOWOWOW! These individual treats look divine. Thanks for sharing with us at Weekend Potluck. I am SUCH a cream cheese lover!

Thanks so much, Marsha! I love cream cheese as well. In fact, I just don’t understand how anyone can not love it! Oh well…I guess that just means more for us – ha! ;)

12. Gosh these look great! I love tiramisu with the coffee and all, but this is a wonderful change for spring/summer. My kids and husband and I’m sure would prefer this version.
    I just posted a recipe for Mushroom Risotto and used cream cheese at the end… and noted that mascarpone could be used, but that cream cheese is less expensive and easier to find!
    Pinning this to try for sure!

Great minds think alike, huh Jill? ;) There are definitely subtle differences between mascarpone and cream cheese, but I find them to be pretty interchangeable in most recipes. I’m going to have to check out your Mushroom Risotto…it sounds delicious! And thanks so much for the pin…hope you have a wonderful weekend!

13. These look so amazing! Pinned already! Lemon and white chocolate is such a great combination. Hopping over from the Weekend Potluck :)

Thanks for stopping by, Ashley, and thanks for the pin! I don’t know why I didn’t discover the lemon/white chocolate combo sooner…but I totally agree with you, and it might just be my new springtime favorite. :) Hope you have a great weekend!

14. I seriously wish we were neighbors, then I could have tried this! Love lemon!

I wish we were neighbors, too, Amber! I’d make this for you anytime, and you could share your cute bunny rolls with me. ;)

15. What a great recipe! I prefer cream cheese over marscapone too~ thanks!

Thanks, Jenna! I think both cream cheese and mascarpone are tasty, but you can’t beat the one that’s inexpensive and easy to find, right?! ;) Thanks for stopping by…hope you have a great week!

16. These look amazing! I love lemon desserts.

Thank you, Mindie! So do I! And this is one of my new favorites… ;) I appreciate the comment…hope your week is off to a great start!

17. This looks like the perfect spring treat! I haven’t tried any lemon desserts yet, but I am going to try these out next week.

Thanks, Victoria! I think lemon is my favorite flavor of spring, and the white chocolate in these is a perfect complement. Hope you enjoy them when you try them!

1. […] Lemon & White Chocolate Tiramisu ~ Mason Jar Trifles from Five Heart Home […]

2. […]  Lemon and White Chocolate Tiramisu via @ Five Heart Home Lime Cream Popsicles via Delineate Your Dwelling Lemon Curd Blossoms via Life with the Crust Off Lemon Tartlets via @ About a Mom Key Lime Pie via This Silly Girl’s Life Lemon Monkey Bread via Julie’s Eats and Treats […]

3. […] Lemon and White Chocolate Tiramisu Mason Jar Trifles from Five Heart Home […]