Blush Wine Vinaigrette is a light and lovely, sweet and tangy homemade salad dressing recipe, delicious on fruit salads, green salads, and the perfect dressing for strawberry spinach salad!
Strawberry Spinach Salad was the very first recipe I ever posted when I started Five Heart Home back in June of 2013. But seeing as how I didn't exactly know what I was doing back then, that post never actually got much traffic driven to the salad. What did drive people to that OG post, however, was the Blush Wine Vinaigrette recipe contained therein!
So since folks out there are clearly hunting for a Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette copycat recipe, I finally decided it deserved its own post...oh, you know, ten years later. 🙂 It's simple, it's delicious, it's a delightful strawberry spinach salad dressing, but it's also so much more. Let's make it!
As I've enumerated in my many other salad dressing recipes on the site, making your own homemade dressings and vinaigrettes is always preferable. Doing so is quick and easy, it's economical, and it's healthier since YOU control the ingredients!
- Oil. Use your favorite oil as long as it has a light and neutral flavor. Sunflower oil, safflower oil, or grapeseed oil all work well. You may also use extra-virgin olive oil, but keep in mind that if it has a stronger flavor, that might come through in such a delicate vinaigrette.
- Red wine vinegar. Adds the "blush" to this Blush Wine Vinaigette!
- Water. Keeps the dressing from leaning too acidic or too oily.
- Sugar. Like the Brianna's that it mimics, this dressing is intended to be sweet. You could substitute honey or agave if you like.
- Lemon juice. Brightens up the overall flavor.
- Garlic salt. Contributes seasoning and makes the other flavors pop.
How to Make Blush Wine Vinaigrette
(The below photos are intended to be helpful, but please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post for FULL DIRECTIONS.)
It's as simple as measuring and shaking, y'all.
- Measure all of the ingredients into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Screw on the lid and shake vigorously until everything is thoroughly combined.
If you're not going to enjoy your Blush Wine Vinaigrette right away (or if you end up with leftovers), store it in the refrigerator in a tightly-sealed bottle or jar. It will keep for up to two weeks.
However, keep in mind that if you decide to use extra-virgin olive oil in this dressing, that may cause it to thicken/solidify in the fridge. So it will need to be brought back to room temperature and thoroughly shaken before enjoying.
Doing so is as simple as removing your vinaigrette from the fridge 30 minutes to an hour before meal time and allowing it come to room temperature.
Or -- if you tend to forget about these types of things ahead of time (ask me how I know) -- you can just set the jar of dressing in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes to come to room temperature. Then just before serving...shake, shake, shake!
So whether you're making a fruity green salad or a fresh fruit salad or you just need the best dressing for strawberry spinach salad, this Blush Wine Vinaigrette recipe is a perfect choice!
Add it to your homemade salad dressing repertoire and let me know what you think. 😉
More Homemade Salad Dressings
Blush Wine Vinaigrette
- ½ cup light & neutral vegetable oil, such as sunflower oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Measure the oil, vinegar, water, lemon juice, sugar, and garlic salt into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Screw on lid and shake vigorously until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- You may use your favorite oil as long as it has a light and neutral flavor. Sunflower oil, safflower oil, or grapeseed oil all work well. You can also use extra-virgin olive oil, but keep in mind that if it has a stronger flavor, that might come through in such a delicate vinaigrette.
- Honey or agave may be substituted for the sugar.
- Instead of shaking your Blush Wine Vinaigrette in a jar, you may whisk the ingredients together in a medium bowl or combine them in a blender or mini food processor.