Creamy, no-bake cherry cheesecake filling is piped into mini chocolate cups in this easy dessert that’s perfect for impressing your Valentine…or for making any ordinary day feel special!
Okay, y’all…these little cuties have an impressive presentation that might lead one to assume that they require a lot of time and effort to whip up. But can I let you in on a little secret? They are actually totally easy to make! And as for how they taste? Divine.
First, you simply coat some mini muffin liners with melted chocolate and allow them to chill in the refrigerator before peeling off the paper. Voilà! Cute little chocolate cups! In the meantime, you whip up a quick and easy, no-bake cheesecake filling that relies on real whipped cream (no Cool Whip or sweetened condensed milk here!) for its airy texture and cherry preserves as a shortcut trick to get that lovely pink tint and fruity undertone. Dollop or pipe the cheesecake goodness into your adorable chocolate cups, sprinkle with some chocolate shavings or mini chocolate chips, and TA-DA! Say hello to a special Valentine dessert for your honey, tiny sweet treats for your favorite kiddos, or a cute and yummy confection that will be the talk of the baby shower, bridal shower, or party!
I hope you’ll give this recipe a whirl in time for Valentine’s Day! But guess what? These Cherry Cheesecake Chocolate Cups (say that three times fast!) don’t have to be limited to just February. Wouldn’t they be impressive adorning a dessert tray or darling served at a baby or bridal shower? Make them soon, and then make them again later…I can guarantee that they will be enthusiastically welcomed any day of the year!
Cherry Cheesecake Chocolate Cup Recipe
Cherry Cheesecake Chocolate Cups ~ A Perfect Valentine’s Dessert!Print Pin Rate
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ teaspoons vegetable shortening
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, DIVIDED
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 heaping tablespoons cherry preserves
- Chocolate shavings or ½ cup mini chocolate chips, for garnish
- Line a miniature muffin pan with 24 paper or foil mini baking liners.
- Pour ¾ cup chocolate chips and shortening into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute; stir chocolate well. Microwave for another 30 seconds; stir until chocolate is smooth. (If necessary, microwave in additional 15-second increments, stirring between each one, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.)
- Use a small soft brush or a small measuring spoon to completely coat the inside of each paper or foil liner with chocolate. Place muffin pan in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Check for any thin areas in the chocolate and brush or spoon on more melted chocolate as necessary, making sure that the layer of chocolate around the top edge of the liner is thick enough. Return pan to refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours or until firm, preferably overnight. Alternatively, you may place pan in the freezer for less time, until chocolate is completely hardened. Carefully peel the liner off of each chocolate cup.
- Pour heavy cream into a large bowl along with vanilla and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Use an electric mixer to beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Scrape whipped cream into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Without cleaning mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and ¼ cup powdered sugar until smooth. Mix in cherry preserves until well incorporated. Gently fold ¼ of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Repeat with remaining whipped cream, working ¼ at a time and taking care not to overmix.
- Scoop cheesecake filling into a gallon-sized plastic baggie and snip off one corner. Use bag to pipe cheesecake into each chocolate cup. Sprinkle tops with chocolate shavings or mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled, and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Originally shared as a contributor post at Love Grows Wild.
More Sweet Treats for Your Valentine
- Strawberry Pretzel Chocolate Swirl Bark
- Warm Chocolate Cobbler
- White Chocolate Cheesecake Fruit Dip
- Triple Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- Chocolate Bread Pudding with Raspberry Sauce