Nutella Strawberry Granola features wholesome oats coated in chocolate hazelnut spread and studded with crunchy almonds and freeze-dried strawberries for a yummy snack or breakfast treat!
With umpteen variations of homemade granola already on the blog, I’ve been wanting to experiment with a Nutella recipe for awhile now. Wouldn’t you know it…I finally succeeded! And even though this Nutella Strawberry Granola looks more pre-Valentine’s Day than post-Easter, I promise that it’s delicious any time of year.
My 4-year-old daughter is obsessed with those freeze-dried strawberries that you can find in little pouches at the grocery store. A few years ago, I loved the result when I sprinkled them on top of some chocolate bark. So when I decided to make Nutella-kissed granola, I thought the same strawberries would make a fun and tasty stir-in.
Now you could certainly enjoy this granola without adding the strawberries. Or rather than stirring them all in, you could simply sprinkle a few freeze-dried (or fresh!) strawberries on top of individual bowls of granola before serving. But make no mistake…strawberries + Nutella are a match made in heaven.
Whipping up this Nutella Strawberry Granola is incredibly easy. Simply melt your chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella or another brand) in a small saucepan, along with some honey and coconut oil. Combine rolled oats and slivered almonds in a big bowl, drizzle the melted Nutella deliciousness on top, and stir until everything is nice and coated. Then spread onto a sheet pan and bake until toasty, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
The result is chewy granola, coated with a shiny, chocolate hazelnut glaze and studded with crunchy almonds. If you’d like to substitute hazelnuts, they’d obviously be excellent in this recipe. I just always have almonds on hand, and since they’re neutral in flavor and less expensive than hazelnuts, I decided to use them instead.
Once cooled, all that’s left to do is mix in those freeze-dried strawberries. And then…voilà! I mean, who wouldn’t want this spectacular stuff any time of day?!
Nobody in my family could get enough of this Nutella Strawberry Granola. Poured into a bowl with a splash of milk, it makes a great breakfast. Or it’s (a little too) easy to devour by the handful as a yummy snack. However you decide to enjoy it, this recipe is a must-try for granola fans and Nutella lovers alike. Enjoy, friends!
Strawberry Granola with Nutella
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella or a similar brand
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil OR butter
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (1.2-ounce) bag freeze-dried strawberries
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, melt together the Nutella, honey, and coconut oil/butter, stirring until smooth and blended. Combine the oats and almonds in a large bowl. Drizzle the Nutella mixture over the top and stir well until all of the oats are evenly coated.
- Transfer the granola onto a 13"x18"x1" sheet pan and spread into an even layer. Bake, stirring and flipping with a metal spatula or wooden spoon every 10 minutes, until the mixture is toasted but not burned, about 25 to 30 minutes total.
- Remove the granola from the oven and stir it a few times as it cools, to prevent clumping and sticking. Stir the freeze-dried strawberries into the granola once it's completely cool. Store in an airtight container.
- If you wish, you may add freeze-dried strawberries to individual servings of granola, as opposed to stirring them into the entire batch. Alternatively, you may omit the freeze-dried strawberries altogether and serve this granola topped with fresh sliced strawberries instead.
- The granola will probably need to bake for a total of about 30 minutes, but ovens vary so watch the granola carefully, particularly the first time you make it. If you cut the recipe in half, it will require less time, and if you double it and cook two sheet pans at once (switching racks and rotating pans each time you stir), it will take longer.
More Strawberry Goodies
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- Strawberry Upside-Down Cake
- Easy Strawberry & Cream Oatmeal