Easy Chili Mac
Chili Mac is a quick, easy, family-friendly dinner recipe featuring ground beef, beans, pasta, and cheese in a zippy tomato sauce made in just one skillet!
Servings 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef OR turkey
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can red kidney beans rinsed & drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 cup whole wheat elbow macaroni
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Set a large skillet, pan, pot, or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, breaking apart and stirring as the meat cooks. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another minute or two until fragrant.
Drain the grease from the pot and add the beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, Mexican oregano, and elbow macaroni; stir well to combine. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, then stir and reduce to a simmer.
Simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender and the liquid is mostly absorbed. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed, by stirring in salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and serve immediately.
Calories: 543kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 1344mg | Potassium: 1075mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1815IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 326mg | Iron: 7.9mg