Quick Stovetop Baked Beans
Quick Stovetop Baked Beans is a quick and easy, 5-ingredient recipe that dresses up canned white beans for a versatile dinnertime side dish!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 to 4 servings
- 1 can (16-ounces)white beans (such as Navy or Great Northern beans) DRAINED
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stir well, and reduce to a low simmer. Cook, stirring frequently, for 7 to 10 minutes. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Keep in mind that the type of barbecue sauce you use is going to contribute that same flavor to your beans (smokey vs. spicy vs. sweet, etc.). If your barbecue sauce is sweet, you may want to use a lesser amount of maple syrup.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled or quadrupled.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 844mg | Potassium: 629mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 3.1mg