One-Pot Taco Pasta Skillet
Loaded with ground beef and pasta, flavored with taco seasoning and salsa, and studded with black beans and corn, this cheesy Taco Pasta Skillet quickly comes together in just one pot!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning or 1 packet store-bought
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa mild, medium or hot
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14.5-ounce)black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 8 ounces farfalle bow-tie pasta
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Fresh minced cilantro for garnish (optional)
Set a large skillet, pan, pot, or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, breaking apart and stirring as the meat cooks. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another minute or two until fragrant.
Drain the grease from the pot and sprinkle the cooked meat with taco seasoning. Add the salsa, beef broth, black beans, corn, and pasta; stir well to combine. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, then stir and reduce to a simmer. Simmer, covered, for 11 to 13 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed. Stir in the grated cheese, sprinkle with cilantro (if desired), and serve immediately.
- When you bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer, make sure that the simmer is a simmer...not barely bubbling (or the pasta won't cook and absorb the liquid) and not bubbling too fast (or the liquid may get absorbed too fast and the bottom may burn). For my stove, this was medium-low heat, adjusting up or down a tad as needed when I would stir every few minutes.
- You may garnish this meal with your favorite Mexican toppings...crushed tortilla chips, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, pico de gallo, salsa, sour cream, etc. Or you may serve as is!
Calories: 563kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 824mg | Potassium: 901mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 253mg | Iron: 3.9mg