Strawberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
Strawberry Baked Oatmeal Cups are loaded with chewy oats, crunchy almonds, sweet coconut, and fresh diced strawberries for a wholesome, perfectly-portioned breakfast that's ideal to make ahead of time and reheat in the morning!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 oatmeal cups
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut plus additional for garnish, if desired
- ½ cup sliced or chopped almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup milk at room temperature
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease (or spray with nonstick cooking spray) 12 muffin cups.
In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, almonds, and salt. Mix in diced strawberries, milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir in coconut oil until all ingredients are well combined.
Divide mixture between prepared muffin cups and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until set and light golden brown on top.
Slowly run a thin butter knife around the edge of each oatmeal cup to loosen, and cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Run the knife around the edge of each oatmeal cup again before carefully removing to a wire rack to finish cooling. Serve warm with optional garnishes, such as warm milk drizzled over the top and additional fresh diced strawberries or sliced almonds.
- The reason the milk and eggs should be at room temperate is because if they are cold, they will cause the coconut oil to re-solidify. To quickly warm everything up, I usually just put the whole eggs in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes and zap the milk in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Reheat by placing an individual oatmeal cup on a plate, cutting it into chunks, drizzling with a little milk, and then heating in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until warm.
- This recipe can easily be made dairy-free by using your favorite non-dairy milk (such as almond milk) in place of the regular milk.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 7.1mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg