Banana Breakfast Cookies
Banana Breakfast Cookies make a wholesome, yummy breakfast on-the-go...plus they're naturally sweetened, gluten-free, and perfect for using up ripe bananas!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 12 cookies
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large bananas ripe or slightly overripe, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or your favorite nut or non-nut butter, like almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or your favorite nut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or raisins optional
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Measure oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl; whisk to combine. Stir in mashed banana, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, pecans, and chocolate chips. Scoop dough using a scant 1/4-cup measuring cup for form 12 cookies. Flatten the top of each cookie on the baking sheet and bake for 14 to 16 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely on baking sheet before storing in an airtight container.
- For slightly sweeter cookies, you may increase honey to 1/4 cup.
- Cookies will not spread, so its shape on the baking sheet is how it will look once it's baked.
- For gluten-free cookies, just be sure to use GF certified oats. For vegan cookies, you may substitute agave nectar or kosher maple syrup for the honey.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 193mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg