All-Natural Chocolate Almond Coffee Creamer
All-natural Chocolate Almond Coffee Creamer is sweetened with pure maple syrup and flavored with cocoa powder, almond extract, and vanilla extract for a decadent, delicious way to dress up your morning cup 'o joe!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 38 tablespoons (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Combine cream, milk, and maple syrup in a small pot set over medium heat. Stir together until bubbles start forming around the edges of the pot and mixture is very warm. Remove pot from heat and whisk in cocoa powder, almond extract, and vanilla extract until cocoa powder is completely dissolved. Allow to cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes before transferring to a tightly-sealed jar or bottle and storing in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days. Shake well before using.
- Feel free to adjust the milk-to-cream ratio if you prefer your creamer lighter or richer, and you may also tweak the amount of maple syrup depending on how sweet you like your coffee.
- If you are bothered by the skin that forms on top of the creamer while it sits at room temperature, you may strain the creamer through a fine mesh sieve before storing.
Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 25mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2.5% | Vitamin C: 0.1% | Calcium: 1.6% | Iron: 0.2%