Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad with Olives + Dill
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad with Olives + Dill is a perfect summer side dish recipe for using up an overabundance of garden fresh produce!
Servings 6 servings
Dill & Garlic Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half (OR about 3 large tomatoes, seeded & chopped)
- 1 pound cucumbers (approximately 2 large or 4 small) peeled & diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives drained, pitted, & chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped (for garnish)
For the Dressing:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, fresh minced dill, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until thoroughly blended. Alternatively, you may measure the ingredients into a jar, tighten the lid, and shake until incorporated, or blend together in a blender or mini food processor.
For the Salad:
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and feta. Whisk or shake the dressing and pour over the top. Toss together until all of the ingredients are evenly coated.
Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, removing from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Stir well, garnish with dill, and serve with a slotted spoon to drain off any excess dressing.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 422mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 19.8mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 1mg