S'mores Dip -- loaded with melted chocolate and toasty marshmallows -- is sure to be the hit of your next party! After just a few minutes in the oven, serve it with graham crackers and watch it disappear.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Resting Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips semi-sweet, milk chocolate, or a combo
- 15 jumbo marshmallows halved
- Graham cracker squares
Adjust rack to center position of oven and place 8-inch cast iron skillet on rack. Preheat oven to 450°F with skillet inside. Once oven is preheated, use a pot holder to remove hot skillet from the oven. Place pat of butter in the skillet and use a pot holder to hold the handle and swirl the skillet so that the melted butter coats the bottom and sides. Pour chocolate chips in an even layer into the bottom of the skillet. Taking care not to burn fingers on the sides of the skillet, arrange marshmallow halves over the surface of the chocolate chips, covering the chocolate completely. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted to your preference (watch closely!). Use an oven mitt to remove the skillet from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve immediately with graham cracker squares or sticks...but be careful, because the dip (and the skillet) will be very hot!
- You may use another type of oven-safe baking dish, but it should be noted that the chocolate will probably melt more evenly (and stay melted more consistently) using a heavy cast iron skillet, which retains heat better than other types of dishes.
- Be sure to let the skillet rest for 5 minutes before serving so that the residual heat from the skillet can finish melting the chocolate chips. Some of the chocolate chips may retain their shape, but once you dip a graham cracker into them, they should be fully melted (in the same way that chocolate chips melted in the microwave hold their shape until stirred).
- Adjust the proportions of chocolate and marshmallows to your liking or to the size of the skillet or baking dish that you use, but don't make the layer of chocolate chips too thick or they may not fully melt.
- You may use whatever type of chocolate or marshmallows you have on hand...finely chopped chocolate, mini chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, (halved) jumbo marshmallows, etc.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 91mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 66g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 0.7mg