Piña Colada Baked Oatmeal
Wholesome baked oatmeal gets a tropical twist with the addition of fresh minced pineapple, coconut milk, and shredded coconut in this Piña Colada Baked Oatmeal!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut plus additional for garnish, if desired
- ½ cup salted cashew pieces OR chopped macadamia nuts plus additional for garnish, if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely minced fresh pineapple OR canned crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cup coconut milk at room temperature
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease (or spray with nonstick cooking spray) an 8- by 8-inch glass baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, cashew pieces, ground ginger, and salt. Mix in minced pineapple, coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir in coconut oil until all ingredients are well combined.
Spread mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set and light golden brown on top. Allow to cool in the baking dish for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm with optional garnishes, such as warm coconut milk drizzled over the top and additional cashew pieces.
- Either coconut milk from a carton (found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store) or canned coconut milk (found in the Asian foods section) will work in this recipe.
- The reason the milk and eggs should be at room temperate is because if they are cold, they will cause the coconut oil to resolidify. To quickly warm everything up, I usually just put the whole eggs in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes and zap the milk in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Reheat oatmeal by placing an individual serving on a plate, drizzling with a little coconut milk, and then heating in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 146mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1.9% | Vitamin C: 16.3% | Calcium: 5% | Iron: 18.4%