Zesty Black Bean Dip
This healthy black bean dip -- flavored with fresh garlic, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and cumin -- is equally delicious served with tortilla chips or raw veggies!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño seeds and membranes removed, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cans (15-ounces each) black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
Place garlic, jalapeño, and cilantro in the bowl a food processor (or the pictcher of a blender). Process until finely chopped, scraping down sides halfway through. Add black beans, cumin, garlic salt, chili powder, oregano, pepper, lime juice, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons water to food processor. Process until all ingredients are smooth, adding additional water one tablespoon at a time (if necessary) until preferred consistency is reached. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Garnish with cilantro. You can also add a little cheese (cotija, cheddar, Monterrey Jack, etc.) and a sprinkle of diced tomatoes for color. Serve as a dip with tortilla chips or raw vegetables.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 550mg | Potassium: 455mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 8.4mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3.2mg