This classic homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette is silky smooth and tangy-sweet yet perfectly balanced, delicious when drizzled over salads, roasted veggies, or used as a marinade!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 10 servings (recipe makes 1 cup total; a serving is about 1.5 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar aged/good-quality recommended
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 3 teaspoons honey OPTIONAL
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, Dijon, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. While continuously whisking, slowly and steadily stream in the oil. Whisk until glossy and emulsified. Taste and, if the vinaigrette is too acidic, whisk in 1 to 3 teaspoons of honey (how much is needed will depend on the sweetness and acidity of the vinegar).
Instead of whisking in a bowl, you may alternatively make this vinaigrette in one of two ways:
- Measure the ingredients into a jar, screw on the lid, and vigorously shake.
- Blend the ingredients together in a blender or mini food processor.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 7mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg