Mexican Pasta Salad
Fiesta Pasta Salad is a Mexican pasta salad loaded with corn, black beans, tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro, and a fresh lime vinaigrette for a zesty, flavorful, summer side dish!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 8 to 10 servings
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the pasta salad:
- 8 ounces corkscrew pasta cooked in salted water according to package directions & drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans drained & rinsed
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 16 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes quartered (OR about 2 extra-large tomatoes, seeded & chopped)
- 2 fresh jalapeños seeded, all membranes removed, & finely diced, optional
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped, plus additional for garnish
Make the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated, or shaking them in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Set aside.
Place the cooked pasta and the rinsed black beans in a very large bowl. Thaw the corn by placing it in a colander and running it under warm water; drain well and add to bowl. Add the tomatoes, jalapeños, and cilantro to the bowl, and pour about two-thirds of the dressing over top. Gently mix all of the ingredients with a large spoon until well combined. Refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to blend. Just before serving, stir in the remainder of the dressing and garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 856mg | Potassium: 718mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 395IU | Vitamin C: 30.6mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 3.2mg