Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with decadent chocolate chips and crushed pretzels for a delicious, chewy, sweet-and-salty treat!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 36 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar light or dark
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed pretzel twists plus additional pretzels garnish
Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt until well combined. In another large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugars and beat on medium-high for a few minutes until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla until smooth. With the mixer on low speed, gradually blend in the flour mixture until just combined. Carefully mix in the chocolate chips and crushed pretzels.
Use a tablespoon (or a tablespoon-sized cookie scoop) to scoop a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Lightly press a pretzel twist into the top of the cookie mound (the cookie will spread as it bakes, so don't flatten it too much). Repeat until the cookie sheet is full, with cookie dough balls spaced 2 inches apart.
Bake for 9 to 13 minutes until the cookies are set in the middle and light golden brown around the edges. Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before using a thin spatula to carefully transfer them to a rack to finish cooling. (Repeat this process on fresh cookie sheets until all of the dough has been used.) Once completely cool, store in an airtight container.
- I was able to fit 10 cookies to a baking sheet.
- If you only have one or two cookie sheets to work with, you'll need to allow the cookie sheet(s) to cool before starting the next pan of cookies so that the cookie dough balls don't get too warm and spread too thin.
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 68mg | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg