Dreamy Dill Dip with Baked Pita Wedges
Simple and delicious, this Dreamy Dill Dip features a base of Greek yogurt and sour cream flavored with fresh dill, making it perfect for a variety of dippers, from crunchy veggies to Baked Pita Wedges!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 16 servings (2 cups of dip)
FOR THE DIP:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh minced dill weed
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE PITA WEDGES:
- 4 6-inch round pitas
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
TO MAKE DIP:
In a medium bowl, blend together Greek yogurt, sour cream, dill, parsley, vinegar, garlic salt, and papper; mix until smooth and combined. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Taste and adjust for seasonings again, if necessary, and serve with fresh raw vegetable dippers, crackers, chips, or Baked Pita Wedges.
TO MAKE PITA WEDGES:
Line a large baking sheet with foil, adjust rack to center position of oven, and preheat to 400°F. Stir garlic powder into olive oil and set aside.
Cut each pita into 6 wedges (slicing it like a pizza). Spread out wedges on prepared baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Flip wedges over and repeat on second side. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until beginning to turn golden brown. Flip wedges over and bake for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until second side is toasty.
- You may substitute mayonnaise for the Greek yogurt, if you wish.
- You may use dried dill instead of fresh, but reduce the amount to about 1 heaping tablespoon. You may use dried parsley instead of fresh, but reduce the amount to about 1 teaspoon.
- For crispier Baked Pita Wedges more akin to chips, you may slice the pitas horizontally into two thin rounds before cutting them into wedges. This will give you wedges with a single layer of pita bread, as opposed to the double layer formed by the pocket. Just watch baking time closely if you decide to make thinner chips, since they may crisp up more quickly.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 0.3mg