Easy Restaurant Style Salsa
This fresh, homemade, Easy Salsa recipe takes just a few minutes to throw together in the blender or food processor and rivals the best restaurant style salsa!
Servings 16 servings (1 quart = 4 cups)
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes one can drained & one can with juices
- 1/4 small onion
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 jalapeños with or without seeds & membranes (which add heat)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice from half of a lime
- Small squeeze of honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile pepper powder optional
Add the diced tomatoes, onion, garlic cloves, jalapeños, cilantro, lime juice, honey, salt, pepper, cumin, and chipotle chile pepper powder (if using) to the jar of a blender or bowl of a large food processor. Blend or process until the ingredients are broken down and pureed to your desired smoothness and consistency...this could take anywhere from 1 to 3 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste, adding more salt and pepper, if necessary.
Transfer to a tightly sealed container and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving, to allow the flavors to blend. Or, if you can't wait, serve immediately!
Calories: 15kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 14mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 3.8mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.3mg