Strawberry Spinach Salad with Feta, Toasted Pecans, & Blush Wine Vinaigrette
Strawberry Spinach Salad is loaded with baby spinach, sweet strawberries, salty feta cheese, toasty pecans, and a delicious homemade blush wine vinaigrette!
Servings 8 servings
FOR THE BLUSH WINE VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil (or another light vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
FOR THE SALAD:
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 16 ounces strawberries washed, hulled, & sliced
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
Prepare the vinaigrette. Measure the oil, vinegar, water, lemon juice, sugar, and garlic salt into a Mason jar. Tightly screw on lid and shake vigorously until everything is thoroughly combined. Alternatively, you may whisk the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
Preheat oven to 350°. Spread pecans on sheet pan and bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, watching carefully to prevent burning. Allow to cool and coarsely chop.
In a large salad bowl, layer the spinach, strawberries, pecans, and feta cheese. Just before serving, dress with Blush Wine Vinaigrette and toss until salad ingredients are evenly coated.
- Toasting the pecans takes a few extra minutes, but it really is worth it as it brings out much more flavor and crunch.
- Only use as much vinaigrette as needed to dress the salad. You will have some leftover.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 81.2% | Vitamin C: 55.4% | Calcium: 13% | Iron: 9.9%