All-Natural Chocolate Almond Coffee Creamer is sweetened with pure maple syrup and flavored with cocoa powder, almond extract, and vanilla extract for a decadent, delicious way to dress up your morning cup 'o joe!
If you love homemade coffee treats, you'll also enjoy decadent Caramel Coffee Creamer, healthy Dairy-Free Almond Cashew Coffee, or all-natural Pumpkin Spice Creamer!
So who's a fan of frou-frou coffee? I have to admit that I can't really stomach my coffee black. On the other hand, I consider a daily mug or two of lightly sweetened, cream-swirled coffee to be just the how-to-fake-enough-sleep boost that I need.
Why Make Homemade Coffee Creamer?
I've always loved flavored coffee creamers, but all of the artificial additives in store-bought creamers have turned me to making my own homemade versions so that I can control the ingredients.
And believe you me...once you discover how quick and easy it is to whip up your own all-natural coffee creamer -- and once you taste how yummy it is -- there's no turning back!
This Chocolate Almond Coffee Creamer is my latest favorite variation.
Starting with a base of whole milk and heavy cream, it's naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup (which happens to be my unrefined sweetener of choice when making coffee creamers).
This creamer is also full of flavor thanks to cocoa powder, almond extract, and vanilla extract. The almond flavor beautifully complements the rich chocolate, and the vanilla smooths everything out.
But who really cares about all of that jibberish. Bottom line? All-Natural Chocolate Almond Coffee Creamer is a total breakfast (or any time of day) treat. Enjoy!
More Morning Treats
- Blueberry Muffin Mug Cake
- Overnight Oats ~ 3 Ways
- Cream Cheese Filled Cinnamon Roll Cups
- Breakfast Enchiladas
All-Natural Chocolate Almond Coffee Creamer
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine cream, milk, and maple syrup in a small pot set over medium heat. Stir together until bubbles start forming around the edges of the pot and mixture is very warm. Remove pot from heat and whisk in cocoa powder, almond extract, and vanilla extract until cocoa powder is completely dissolved. Allow to cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes before transferring to a tightly-sealed jar or bottle and storing in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days. Shake well before using.
- Feel free to adjust the milk-to-cream ratio if you prefer your creamer lighter or richer, and you may also tweak the amount of maple syrup depending on how sweet you like your coffee.
- If you are bothered by the skin that forms on top of the creamer while it sits at room temperature, you may strain the creamer through a fine mesh sieve before storing.
How long is this good for?? Thank you
Hi Patty! I'd base it on the (earliest) expiration date of the milk and cream you use. Hope that makes sense! 🙂