Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad with Olives + Dill is a perfect summer side dish recipe for using up an overabundance of garden fresh produce!
My father-in-law has quite the green thumb and consequently, each summer we are the lucky recipients of a plethora of zucchini, squash, eggplant, cucumbers, green beans, and — my favorite — tomatoes. And y’all, I’m not using the word plethora lightly.
Below is just a fraction of the fresh summer veggies that my in-laws bestow upon us on a bi-weekly basis. And this particular bowl of goodness was my inspiration for today’s Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad!
It’s always fun to come up with new ways to eat these garden-fresh vegetables. I especially love tomatoes and cucumbers together, so this recipe is particularly delightful. It features a combo of tomatoes and cucumbers, of course. But it also showcases fresh dill (enter my own rampant herb garden), briny olives, and creamy feta cheese. In other words, it’s the perfect summer side dish to make at least a small dent in our bountiful surplus of summer produce!
How to Make Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
This recipe is as simple as three steps:
- Mix up the dressing.
- Chop up the veggies.
- Combine all of the ingredients and chill.
It really is that easy!
You can assemble the dressing by whisking it in a bowl, shaking it in a jar, or whizzing it together in a blender or mini food processor. And if you feel so inclined to add extra fresh dill, just know that you’re in good company over here. 😉
As for the veggies, I prefer peeling my cucumbers, since I find the skin to be slightly bitter. But feel free to leave the skin on if that’s your preference. Also, I like using small tomatoes in this recipe — such as cherry or grape tomatoes — since they’re less “seed-y.” But again, any ol’ tomatoes will do!
When it all comes down to it, this Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad is as tasty as it is beautiful. I think — no, I know — that it would make a lovely addition to your next summer meal or celebration. It’s a summertime staple at our house, and I hope that your family loves it just as much!
(And pssst…here’s one last little hint. Toss it with some cooked corkscrew pasta and turn it into a Tomato Cucumber PASTA Salad with Olives and Feta. Yum!)
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad Recipe
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad with Olives + Dill
Dill & Garlic Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half (OR about 3 large tomatoes, seeded & chopped)
- 1 pound cucumbers (approximately 2 large or 4 small), peeled & diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, drained, pitted, & chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (for garnish)
For the Dressing:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, fresh minced dill, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until thoroughly blended. Alternatively, you may measure the ingredients into a jar, tighten the lid, and shake until incorporated, or blend together in a blender or mini food processor.
For the Salad:
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and feta. Whisk or shake the dressing and pour over the top. Toss together until all of the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, removing from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Stir well, garnish with dill, and serve with a slotted spoon to drain off any excess dressing.
More Summer Salads with Cucumbers & Tomatoes
- Tomato Cucumber Poppyseed Salad
- Marinated Tomatoes
- Creamy German Cucumber Salad
- Greek Chicken Pasta Salad