Warm, creamy, and loaded with cheese, chicken, and wing sauce, Buffalo Chicken Dip is perfect for parties or ideal for game day tailgating!
I can’t even tell y’all how excited I am about the beginning of football season…actually, my whole family is (as in, watching College GameDay together each Saturday morning is a highly-anticipated event at our house). NFL pre-season started a couple weeks ago, of course, but college football is up next and that’s where our hearts are. Yup, over the years, I’ve officially morphed into one of those crazy football ladies, and I’ve apparently brainwashed my kids along the way. We love watching it on TV…we love going to games…and we love using game day as an excuse to pig out on all of our favorite football-friendly grub!
Whether you actually enjoy football or you’re just in it for the food, I think you’ll appreciate this Buffalo Chicken Dip. It turns the great flavor of Buffalo Wings into a creamy, cheesy, decadent dip. And have I mentioned how addictive it is? Just try to stop someone from licking the bowl clean.
Not only that, but this recipe is a breeze to throw together. Just mix up some cream cheese, Buffalo wing sauce, blue cheese dressing (plus additional crumbles), and diced chicken. Spread in a baking dish, top with more cheese, and bake until hot and bubbly.
As far as dippers, feel free to use your favorites. Celery sticks are a natural choice, but baguette slices, crackers, or tortilla chips make tasty Buffalo Chicken Dip vessels as well.
So what’s your favorite thing to munch on during the big game? Are you into burgers, brats, pizza, chili? Do you rely on your crock pot to feed the masses? Or, like me, do you prefer to enjoy a spread of appetizers and finger foods? If the latter is the case, whip up this Buffalo Chicken Dip for a guaranteed tailgating touchdown!
Watch the recipe video below…so easy to make!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Video:
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar, Colby-Jack, or Monterrey Jack cheese, DIVIDED
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- celery sticks, baguette slices, crackers, or tortilla chips
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Blend in wing sauce, bleu cheese dressing, diced chicken, 1 cup shredded cheese, and blue cheese crumbles. Spread in a shallow 1-quart baking dish and sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve warm with desired dippers.
- You can either use leftover chicken or cook two chicken breasts for the 2 cups diced chicken.
- You may substitute ranch dressing for the blue cheese dressing, if you prefer.
Adapted from Taste of Home
More Football-Friendly Recipes
- All-Natural Chili Cheese Dip
- Tex-Mex Fresh Corn Dip
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork Sliders with Creamy Broccoli Slaw
- Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa
- Skillet S’mores Dip