Buffalo Chicken Dip is warm, creamy, and loaded with cheese, chicken, and wing sauce…perfect for parties and ideal for game day tailgating!
I can’t even tell y’all how excited my family is about the beginning of football season. We love watching it on TV…we love going to games…and we love using game day as an excuse to pig out on all of our favorite football-friendly recipes. And the epitome of football food? Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Whether you actually enjoy football or you’re just in it for the food, I think you’ll appreciate this Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. It turns the great flavor of Buffalo wings into a creamy, cheesy, decadent dip. And have I mentioned how addictive it is? I’m serious…just try to stop someone (even if that “someone” is yourself) from licking the bowl clean.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
One of the best parts of this recipe is the fact that’s it’s a breeze to throw together with just a handful of ingredients.
- Cream cheese. It should be at room temperature for easy mixing. However, if you forget to set it out ahead of time to soften, you can always quickly soften it in the microwave. Place the unwrapped block of cream cheese on a plate, cut it into big cubes, and pop in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Buffalo wing sauce. Frank’s RedHot is a pretty standard, easy-to-find Buffalo wing sauce. But if you have another favorite brand, go for it!
- Blue cheese dressing. Buffalo wing sauce and blue cheese dressing were just made for one another. But if you have an aversion to blue cheese, you are free to substitute ranch. Your dip will still turn out tasty.
- Blue cheese crumbles. Adding actual blue cheese to this recipe is optional. But I like doing so if I happen to have some blue cheese on hand.
- Diced chicken. This Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is a great way to use up the last of that rotisserie chicken in your fridge! Or you can always poach a couple of chicken breasts.
- Shredded cheese. You may use just about any type of cheese here, but sharp cheddar, Colby-Jack, or Monterey Jack would be my first recommendations.
How to Make this Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Have I mentioned that this recipe is easy? Yep, as easy as mix-and-bake. But allow me to break down the oh-so-complicated steps:
- Preheat the oven and beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Blend in the wing sauce, blue cheese dressing and crumbles, diced chicken, and half of the shredded cheese.
- Spread in a baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly and gooey and DELICIOUS!
You really can’t go wrong when it comes to scooping up this sort of creamy, cheesy deliciousness. That being said, some of our favorite dippers include the following:
- Celery sticks. C’mon…this is a natural choice.
- Toasted baguette slices. One of my favorite options, since you can hold a whole lotta dip on a slice of baguette! You can even spread the dip across the surface of the bread if you’re lacking a plate to catch your drips. 😉
- Crackers. The sturdier, the better. Because you don’t want to lose half of your cracker in the dip, am I right?
- Tortilla chips. I mean, what dip isn’t delectable cradled by a crunchy, salty tortilla chip?
So what’s your favorite thing to munch on during the big game? Are you into burgers, brats, pizza, chili? Do you rely on your crock pot to feed the masses? Or, like me, do you prefer to enjoy a spread of appetizers and finger foods and dips?
Well, if the latter is the case, you’ll definitely want to whip up this delightfully decadent Buffalo Chicken Dip. I’m telling you, friends…it’s a guaranteed tailgating touchdown!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar, Colby-Jack, or Monterrey Jack cheese, DIVIDED
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- Celery sticks, baguette slices, crackers, or tortilla chips
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Blend in wing sauce, bleu cheese dressing, diced chicken, 1 cup shredded cheese, and blue cheese crumbles (if using). Spread in a shallow 1-quart baking dish and sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve warm with desired dippers.
- You can either use leftover chicken or cook two chicken breasts for the 2 cups diced chicken.
- You may substitute ranch dressing for the blue cheese dressing, if you prefer.
Post originally published on September 1, 2015.