This creamy Honey Mustard Dressing is the perfect balance of sweet and tangy, lightened up with Greek yogurt…and not only is it delicious drizzled over a salad, but it also makes a yummy dipping sauce!
I can’t wait to share this yummy Lightened-Up Honey Mustard Dressing recipe with y’all today! But first, my people-pleasing, Type A personality is compelling me to apologize for missing Monday’s regularly-scheduled blog post. You see, I got all of last week’s posts pre-scheduled in anticipation of the packing and moving marathon that I knew was about to commence…but I figured that we would be settled enough by Sunday night for me to whip out Monday’s post. Well, I was wrong. Everything about the move took longer than expected, and by Sunday night, I couldn’t have told you where my computer was, much less summoned up the energy to form coherent sentences after missing so much sleep over the prior few days.
Anyhoo, those of y’all who have been following for awhile know that I never miss blog posts, so I am ever-so-sorry and I hope you’ll understand. Let’s just say that moving ranks right up there with my least favorite things…ever. The good news is we have about a month before it’ll be time to move in to our next house! Ha.
But enough about that. Who likes Honey Mustard Salad Dressing? It was my favorite growing up, and after turning my affections towards Italian and Ranch for most of my adult life, I recently rediscovered my affinity for Honey Mustard.
And today’s version? So. Good. It’s sweet and tangy, and it boasts a secret ingredient to make it simultaneously creamy and lighter in calories and fat…Greek yogurt instead of mayo. AKA, only one of the best recipe swaps ever! Am I right?
What’s nice about this dressing — aside from the flavor, and aside from the fact that it takes mere minutes to whip up — is that it’s all natural. You never know what questionable additives may be concealed in a bottled, store-bought salad dressing…but when you make it homemade, you get to control the ingredients yourself!
And what’s even more exciting (at least as far as salad dressing excitement can go) is that this Lightened-Up Honey Mustard Dressing can moonlight as a Lightened-Up Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce! Do your kids like chicken nuggets? Are you a fan of grilled chicken strips? How about cheeseburger sliders, fried mozzarella sticks, or French fries? Pour this Honey Mustard deliciousness in a bowl and the possibilities are endless…
So what’s your favorite type of dressing? Has that answer changed over the years? Whether you’re a longtime enthusiast or merely looking to expand your salad dressing/dipping sauce horizons, I hope you love this Lightened-Up Honey Mustard Dressing! In fact, consider it my penance for that missed blog post… 😉
Lightened-Up Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe
Lightened-Up Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Measure all ingredients into a bowl and whisk vigorously, until well-blended. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if necessary. (Alternatively, you process ingredients in a mini food processor or blend them in a blender.) Use as a salad dressing or dipping sauce. Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator; shake well before using.
More Dressings & Dipping Sauces
- Classic Creamy Vinaigrette
- The BEST Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Homemade Italian Dressing
- Pizza Quesadillas with Dipping Sauce
- Dreamy Dill Dip with Baked Pita Wedges