S’mores Dip

S’mores Dip — loaded with melted chocolate and toasty marshmallows — is sure to be the hit of your next party! After just a few minutes in the oven, serve it with graham crackers and watch it disappear.

S'mores Dip ~ melted chocolate and toasty marshmallows bake up in a skillet; scoop up with graham crackers for a perfect party dessert! | FiveHeartHome.com

Happy National S’mores Day, everyone! If there was ever a food recognition day that I can wholeheartedly embrace, it would be this one. Because, let’s face it…who doesn’t love s’mores?! I mean, it doesn’t get any better than silky, melted chocolate and gooey, toasted marshmallows sandwiched between crunchy graham cracker squares.

Wait. Actually, it does get better. And you’re looking at it! How would you like to make enough s’more-y goodness to feed a crowd, without having to put together individual s’mores and without necessitating a campfire? Now don’t get me wrong…I love making s’mores the old-fashioned way. But this little method is easier, faster, less messy, and doesn’t put you at risk for campsite mosquito bites. It’s an effortless way to enjoy s’mores year-round, and it’s a sweet treat that is sure to quickly vanish at your next party or get-together.

I’m already planning on putting this recipe on the roster for some football-watching parties this season. After all, maximum scrumptiousness for minimal effort? Sign me up…every time.

This is one of those recipes that’s so brainless, I hardly feel justified calling it a recipe. Simply toss some chocolate chips in a skillet or oven-safe dish. Top with jumbo marshmallow halves. Toast for 5 or so minutes, pull out the graham crackers, and voilร ! Dippable s’mores that will have your gang scraping the skillet for every last smudge of chocolate and streak of marshmallow.

Use your favorite type of chocolate…milk chocolate, semi-sweet, or a combo would all be equally delicious.

If you don’t have jumbo marshmallows, mini marshmallows will work just as well. If your skillet is larger or smaller than mine, simply adjust the proportions accordingly. Seriously, you can eyeball the amount of chocolate and marshmallows to your liking and this dip will turn out perfectly fine.

Noooo, you really can’t mess this up…unless you scorch your marshmallows, so be sure to watch them carefully and pull your skillet out of the oven when they’re to your desired level of toastiness.

This S’mores Dip is guaranteed to be a hit. In fact, my youngest taste tester declared it the best thing she’d eaten all week. Well, she didn’t exactly use those words, but she did gobble up her loaded graham cracker with a big smile on her face before requesting another. When I told her that one was enough, her face registered shock and she started wailing, “I wan sa MOOOORE!” That’s toddler for “some more,” which made me realize that if an almost 2-year-old can nail the definition of a s’more without even realizing what it’s called, then whoever originally invented these little treats apparently named them appropriately. ๐Ÿ˜‰

So what are you waiting for? Rummage through your pantry for some chocolate chips and a bag of marshmallows and whip thee up some S’mores Dip! And if you hurry, you still have time to enjoy it on National S’mores Day, when rumor has it that calories from said treats don’t actually count. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sโ€™mores Dip

Yield: 4 to 6 servings

Sโ€™mores Dip

S'mores Dip -- loaded with melted chocolate and toasty marshmallows -- is sure to be the hit of your next party! After just a few minutes in the oven, serve it with graham crackers and watch it disappear.

• 1/2 tablespoon butter
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk chocolate, or a combo)
  • 15 jumbo marshmallows, halved
  • Graham cracker squares

1. Adjust rack to center position of oven and place 8-inch cast iron skillet on rack. Preheat oven to 450ยฐF with skillet inside. Once oven is preheated, use a pot holder to remove hot skillet from the oven. Place pat of butter in the skillet and use a pot holder to hold the handle and swirl the skillet so that the melted butter coats the bottom and sides. Pour chocolate chips in an even layer into the bottom of the skillet. Taking care not to burn fingers on the sides of the skillet, arrange marshmallow halves over the surface of the chocolate chips, covering the chocolate completely. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted to your preference (watch closely!). Use an oven mitt to remove the skillet from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve immediately with graham cracker squares or sticks...but be careful, because the dip (and the skillet) will be very hot!

You may use another type of oven-safe baking dish, but it should be noted that the chocolate will probably melt more evenly (and stay melted more consistently) using a heavy cast iron skillet, which retains heat better than other types of dishes.

Be sure to let the skillet rest for 5 minutes before serving so that the residual heat from the skillet can finish melting the chocolate chips. Some of the chocolate chips may retain their shape, but once you dip a graham cracker into them, they should be fully melted (in the same way that chocolate chips melted in the microwave hold their shape until stirred).

Adjust the proportions of chocolate and marshmallows to your liking or to the size of the skillet or baking dish that you use, but don't make the layer of chocolate chips too thick or they may not fully melt.

You may use whatever type of chocolate or marshmallows you have on hand...finely chopped chocolate, mini chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, (halved) jumbo marshmallows, etc.

Adapted from Taste of the South Magazine

More POPULAR RECIPES from Five Heart Home…

25 Amazing Real Food Slow Cooker Recipes {PLUS Big News…I’m Writing a Cookbook!)
25 Amazing Real Food Slow Cooker Recipes ~ comforting crock pot classics, flavorful tacos, hearty sandwiches, and cozy soups, stews, and chilis make up this list of popular slow cooker recipes! | FiveHeartHome.com

Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
Snickerdoodle Mug Cake ~ bakes up in the microwave in just one minute, yielding a warm, cinnamon-sugary treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth! | FiveHeartHome.com

30-Minute Skillet Lasagna
30-Minute Skillet Lasagna ~ quick and easy, savory and cheesy, one pot, stovetop dinner | FiveHeartHome.com

2-Ingredient Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds ~ you're just 2 ingredients away from a quick and easy, delicious summer side dish! | FiveHeartHome.com

The Very BEST Homemade Whole Wheat Bread
The Very Best Homemade Whole Wheat Bread ~ this 100% whole wheat bread stays unbelievably soft and fresh for days | {Five Heart Home}

And see all of our PRINTABLES <<< here!

Real Food Slow Cooker Suppers Link

Comments

1. This is so easy, it’s crazy! ๐Ÿ™‚ I love the pretty toasted marshmallows and that rich chocolate underneath. Shared on FB and pinned!

Thanks so much for sharing, Julie! I know…isn’t it ridiculous how easy this is?! I honestly hesitate to even call it a ‘recipe.’ I’m also amazing by how something so simple can taste so good…but I suppose that’s the wonder of s’mores! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hope you’re having a great week!

2. Liz Dovey says:

This looks amazing!! We have no smores in the uk, I am gonna change things! No graham crackers either. Will have to substitute them something else, maybe a digestive biscuit? Can’t wait! X

Oh yes, Liz…you definitely need to introduce s’mores to all of your UK friends! And I’m not sure what a digestive biscuit is, but if it’s anything like a cookie or a sweet cracker, it should work just perfectly with this dip. (If you want something a bit more healthy, you could even use apple slices as dippers.) ๐Ÿ˜‰ Enjoy!

• Monica Pullmann says:

Try hobnobs!

3. Holy cow that looks addictive! I could probably eat that whole skillet. Great recipe ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

Thanks so much, Eric! Yes…unfortunately, devouring the whole skillet in one sitting is entirely possible…not that I know or anything. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thanks for stopping by!

4. Whoa – Samantha, this looks amazing! I’m almost trying to dip a cracker right through the screen! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for sharing this, love and pinned! Happy Monday!

Ha, Cindy…I’d be in big trouble if I had the ability to reach recipes through my screen! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thanks so much for the sweet words and the pin…hope your week is off to a great start! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. This looks incredible Samantha! I’m sure the whole family would dig into this dip. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks so much, Melanie! This dip was quite the hit with my family…hope your family enjoys it just as much! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Oh wow, this looks dangerous. I would never be able to resist devouring the whole bowl!

Thank you, Shaina! Dangerous would be a good way to describe this dip. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Let’s just say it’s a good thing I wasn’t home along when I made it! Hope it’s a hit if you have a chance to make it, and thanks for taking the time to comment!

7. Yum! One of my pet peeves about making s’mores is that it’s difficult to get the chocolate bar melted. Problem solved with this recipe! Thanks for sharing.

You’re so welcome, Nicole! Nope…melty chocolate is not a problem with this one. You can even use mini chocolate chips (or finely chopped chocolate) to make sure that your chocolate ends up as smooth as possible. Hope you love it!

8. Good heavens- we would be dangers together in the kitchen. This looks AMAZING!

Ha, Gina…I bet you’re right, but I totally think we need to test out your theory some day! Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you’re having a fabulous week!

9. These look delish

Thanks so much, Tracy! Hope you’re having a great weekend…I appreciate you stopping by!

10. I bet it would taste just amazing by dipping Pretzels in, instead of graham crackers!

That idea, Emily, is BRILLIANT. Thanks for sharing it…I will definitely be trying pretzel dippers the next time I make this!

11. Looks so delicious!

Looks so gooey and good! I definitely want to make this for my grandkids next time I’m in Texas. They love S’Mores! Thanks, Sam

You’re welcome, Deb! I bet the grandkids would love this dip…I’m not sure if there’s anyone who wouldn’t! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hope you’re having a fabulous weekend!

13. These look so amazing! My family and I have been making s’mores in the oven, but these might be an even better idea! Thanks so much for sharing at last week’s Off the Hook!

Thanks so much for featuring my dip this week, Lauren, and I hope y’all enjoy it if you have a chance to try it! Have a great rest of the week! ๐Ÿ™‚

14. I love how simple this is! I’m definitely making this the next time I get hit with a s’more craving(which is allll the tiiiime!) ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ha, Jocelyn…you and me BOTH! Thanks so much for stopping by and I really appreciate the pin. Hope that you had a great summer and that back-to-school has been going smoothly! ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Looks delicious. I think to help with clean up I’m going to line my pan with heavy duty aluminum foil.

That’s a really good idea, Kathy! I hope you enjoy this dip when you try it. ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a great weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!

16. i just made sooooo yummy!!!!!!

I’m so glad it was a hit, Andrea! Thanks for stopping back by to let me know that y’all enjoyed it. ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a great weekend!

17. We just made these but ran into an issue with the chocolate chips not melting. They became very dry and almost crumbled. We had to cook everything in the oven for 20 minutes to achieve the prefered toasty marshmellows. Help! We want to love these but tonight’s experient was kind of a flop.

Hi Amanda! I’m so sorry that this recipe didn’t turn out for you. It sounds to me that in your attempt to get really toasted marshmallows, your chocolate chips may have burnt. I would probably suggest cooking your skillet of S’mores Dip for no more than 8 to 10 minutes at 450ยฐF, and then using the broiler for a minute or two to finish darkening the marshmallows to your liking (just watch them carefully so they don’t catch on fire)! Hope that helps and that you have better luck if you try it again. ๐Ÿ™‚

18. Wow! This is a quick snack idea for kids (and even for adults). I love smores and will definitely try doing this at home!

Thanks, Ella! I think kids and adults alike will enjoy this one. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope it’s a hit when you try it…I appreciate you stopping by!

19. I’m planning on making this tomorrow for a Christmas gathering. How long can I leave it out before the chocolate starts to harden? Could I put it back in the oven to heat it up again?

Hi Victoria! I think that depends on the type of dish you make it in, how cool the room is, etc. A cast iron skillet retains heat really well, so I think that would help the chocolate stay melted the longest (as opposed to a ceramic dish). I think you could also reheat the dip, if necessary, though you may want to lay a sheet of foil over the top if the marshmallows were already toasted to your liking. But honestly, my experience with this recipe is that it’s never lasted long enough to start hardening. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hope it’s a hit at your Christmas gathering!

20. Hi, I’ve done this recipe twice and its so yummy…its even delicious the next day. Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year!

I’m so happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed it, Madelyn! Thanks for stopping back by to let me know and I hope your 2015 is off to a great start! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hi, I was wondering if the chocolate hardened? You mentioned it was good until the next day.. Did the chocolate stay gooey?

Hi Tasha! No, the chocolate doesn’t stay gooey. It hardens as it cools, so this dip is best eaten right after it’s made. You can always reheat leftovers, but you’ll have to stir the chocolate and that messes up the look of the toasty marshmallows. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hope you enjoy it if you decide to try it!

21. is there an alternative if you dont have an oven? i wanna try this at home but i dont know if it will work on a regular gas stove on a skillet.. let me know. thanks

Hi Dolly! I think an oven is necessary if you’d like your marshmallows toasted, similar to real s’mores (unless you have a kitchen torch for creme brulee, etc., which could give you the toasty effect without an oven). But if you don’t care about toasting, I’d just recommend adapting the recipe to the microwave. I’m afraid that the chocolate chips might burn in a skillet on the stovetop due to too much direct heat.

In the microwave, I would simply put the chocolate chips in a shallow dish and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring well every 30 seconds, until the chocolate chips are melted and smooth. Then I’d sprinkle the marshmallows on top and microwave for 30 seconds or so longer, until they’re nice and puffy. Hope that helps!

• I’ve made s’mores for myself in both in the microwave and on the stove. I put a piece of Chocolate on the graham cracker topped with the large marshmallow and nuke it for about 15- 20 seconds. I watch the marshmallows and don’t let them overballoon or when they deflate, it makes the marshmallow stringy in a stiff fashion, rather brittle. (I have an old oven that is low powered.) Then I put the top on and mush it together and eat it. Yum!

The other way is to put a marshmallow or two on a long fork (or regular fork if desperate). Toast over the eye of the stove (if elect) or over the flame on a gas stove. Then put it on the cracker, chocolate and top it. More YUM. lol
        This is a great recipe for a crowd. I just don’t trust myself to fix it unless there’s people around to eat it. Diabetes doesn’t work with this very well! lol

You sound like a s’mores professional, Darlene! ๐Ÿ˜‰ But I agree…this is definitely a recipe for a crowd. ๐Ÿ™‚

22. This looks so good! I was just wondering-How long does the dip last once they are taken out of the oven before the melted chocolate gets hard again/ the marshmallows get cold?

Great question! If you make this dip in a cast iron skillet, it retains heat pretty well and the dip stays melted for quite awhile. Of course, that’s also going to depend on how cold the room is where you’re serving it. Let’s just say that in my experience, the dip has always disappeared before we’ve ever had to worry about it hardening. ๐Ÿ˜‰ If it does start to harden, you can always pop it back in the oven for a few minutes (and you can lay a sheet of foil on top if you don’t want the marshmallows to get any darker). Sorry I can’t give a more exact answer, but hope that helps a little! ๐Ÿ™‚

23. this was amazing. i did end up using a baking dish but it turned out great. it was a huge hit at the super bowl party i hosted. thank you thank you!

You’re welcome, you’re welcome, Chelle! I’m so happy to hear that this was a hit. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you had fun at your Super Bowl party, and hope you have a great week!

24. I am very sorry for the comment above, you know how teenage boys are especially when you leave technology lying around. What the comment was supposed to say was this. I tried this dip and was very unsatisfied. The chocolate did not even melt all the way before the marsh mellows were dark enough that I had to take it out the dish. It is very rare that I leave a bad review, however this dish left me with no satisfaction of any kind. You should really put more detail in your instructions. I believe that it would of made more sense to melt to chocolate in a seperate dish then put the melted chocolate in the pan and brown the marsh mellows in the oven.

Hi Trini! Thanks for letting me know about the previous comment. I assumed it was spam since it was rather strange so I went ahead and deleted it. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m sorry that this dip didn’t turn out to your liking. I’ve made this recipe many times using a cast iron skillet and the chocolate chips have always melted for me. You do have to let the skillet sit for 5 or so minutes after it comes out of the oven so that the residual heat can finish melting the chips. And even then, the chips may still retain their shape until you dip the graham cracker into them (in the same way that chocolate chips melted in the microwave don’t smooth out until you stir them). It’s also possibly to overcook/burn the chocolate chips (if your oven rack is too low, for example), and then they will remain little lumps.

Anyway, I don’t want anyone to have the same difficulty you experienced with this recipe, so I’ve been thinking about how to ensure that it’s not an issue. I think melting the chocolate in a separate dish would be unnecessary. Instead, I tried this yesterday by putting my cast iron skillet in the oven and then preheating the oven with the skillet inside. Once the oven was preheated, I took out the hot skillet, carefully added my chocolate chips (which immediately started softening) and marshmallows, and then baked as directed. After five minutes in the oven, the marshmallows were perfectly toasty, and then after sitting on the counter for five minutes, the chocolate chips were fully melted. I’ve updated the recipe to reflect this change, so hopefully that will help you if you decide to try this again. ๐Ÿ™‚

Also, I sometimes wonder if certain brands of chocolate chips perhaps melt more readily than others (depending on what other ingredients they may have added to them). So I think that another way to ensure completely melted chocolate would be to use mini chocolate chips or a very finely chopped chocolate bar.

Hope this helps, and thanks for the comment!

25. Wow! Randomly stumbled upon this recipe and your site. The dip was amazing! Husband and kiddos couldn’t get enough with chocolate evidence on all of their cheeks. Thanks for sharing this quick and easy dessert!

Yay, Liz! I love hearing that your family enjoyed this recipe…thanks so much for taking the time to come back and let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope your week is off to a great start!

26. We have apparently achieved the impossible and ruined this amazing looking dish! Followed the instructions exactly but the chocolate chips turned to nasty powder under our beautiful, golden mallows. Any suggestions?

Hi Shelby! Well darn…it definitely sounds like your chocolate chips got overcooked and ended up burning. ๐Ÿ™ Did you have to cook the s’mores longer than recommended in order to get the marshmallows to your desired level of toastiness? If so, I might recommend baking for a shorter duration next time and then just broiling the marshmallows for about a minute at the end. I’m so sorry that this recipe didn’t work out for you…I hope it goes better next time if you decide to give it another try!

27. hey!! So I made this delicious treat today and i am afraid it didn’t work out quite as nicely as yours. My marshmallows expanded and weren’t as full as yours. It was kind of like putting a marshmallow in the microwave. Do you have any recommendations on what I can do to make it better next time?

Hi Emily! That’s so strange…I’ve never had marshmallows expand in the oven the way they do in the microwave! In the oven, my marshmallows have always puffed up just enough to touch and then they start getting toasty. So unfortunately, I’m not sure what could have gone wrong, unless it had to do with the freshness of the particular bag of marshmallows that you used? At any rate, sorry I don’t have any suggestions, but I hope your marshmallows cooperate a little better next time… ๐Ÿ˜‰

28. Saw your recipe shared on PopSugar Moms (some video of someone making it – they do say it’s yours, so I came by to give you the view/credit/share!) and had to come read about it. Looks sooo amazing. Hoping to make it this summer sometime.

You are so sweet to come by and let me know, Andrea…I had no idea about that video until I read your comment! I really appreciate you hopping over to check out the original recipe, and I hope you enjoy it when you give it a try this summer. ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a great rest of the week!

29. Ladiebug77 says:

Saw a version (giving you a mention) with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups added.

I really appreciate you letting me know! I wouldn’t have seen that video if comments like yours hadn’t told me about it. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks again, and hope your week is going well!

30. Hey Samantha.
    This looks sooo good!! I’m thinking this would be perfect for our Movie Night weekends with my kids.

But I have a question. I read that you said any type of marshmallow will work. Does that include marshmallow FLUFF?? You know, the one in the plastic tub containers. I have all the ingredients at home, except actual marshmallows. Just the tub of fluff.

Hi Annie! So sorry for my delayed reply. You know, I’ve never tried melting marshmallow fluff. Does it react like normal marshmallows when heated? If so, I guess you could give it a try on top of this dip. I’m just not sure, though, since I’ve only made this recipe with regular marshmallows (both jumbo and mini…that’s more what I meant when I said any marshmallows would work). Anyway, good luck and please let us know how it worked out if you decided to give it a try! ๐Ÿ™‚

31. So fabulous!! I just included it in a round up for Memorial Day http://dawnypoo.blogspot.com/2015/05/10-ways-to-eat-smores-without-campfire.html#.VV9JbflVhBc

Thanks so much, Dawn! I appreciate you including me in your yummy s’mores round-up!

32. jacquelin clark says:

How do you prevent the coco late from hardening on the bottom while in the oven tried twice and still can’t dip into the cocolate, I’m using a whole bag of chocolate cups is that not enough?

Hi Jacquelin! If your chocolate chips are hardening, it sounds like they’re burning on the bottom of your pan. Is your rack in the center of the oven? Maybe try taking the pan out of the oven sooner to check if the chocolate chips have melted. I’m sorry I can’t offer more suggestions without additional information…hope it works out if you decide to try it again!

33. My mouth is watering just looking at the recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Ellie…it’s hard to beat melted chocolate and toasted marshmallows, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hope you enjoy this if you try it!

• Saw your recipe in a flyer in the newspaper and then lost the recipe. Hunted high and low for it on the internet in my computer and could not find it. Told my husband about my dilemma and he found it on his phone as quick as a wink. Well my question is how do you clean the iron pan after using it. My husband likes to cook with the iron pans and takes care of cleaning them after he cooks with them with a wipe of a paper towel and water. This does not seem to be an easy clean up. my husband says no to soap.

Hi Jackie! If the cast iron skillet is well-seasoned and you coat it with melted butter as directed and you don’t let any leftover dip completely harden in it before cleaning, it shouldn’t be too difficult to wipe clean. However, if your hubby is particular about how he cleans his cast iron skillet, I think the most fool-proof way to keep it pristine while making this recipe is to line the pan with aluminum foil (or parchment paper) first! The dip will still melt thanks to the excellent heat conduction and retention of the cast iron, but clean-up will be as easy as removing the foil. Hope that helps…enjoy!

• Amanda Joy says:

Put water in it and heat on stove till boiling, scrape with metal spatrula, pour out water and wipe clean with paper towel. Or just use some chainmale to wipe it clean.

34. Mark and Lorena says:

Just made this in a smaller size with a bread loaf pan and it turned out absolutely wonderful and just like the pictures! Really appreciated the heating of the pan and adding butter and halving the marshmallows; all the directions were spot on. Such a delicious and easy take on the traditional s’mores! Definitely going to continue using your recipes!!!

I’m so happy y’all enjoyed this, and I’m glad the directions helped you make it successfully! Hope y’all equally enjoy any other recipes from the site that you decide to try… ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy 4th!

35. Candace says:

Just another tip…I made this dip today to take to a cook out and I was afraid that it would get hard before I got to the party. So I added two tablespoons of Canola oil to the chocolate chips. I know from using a chocolate fountain that this will raise the fat content in the chocolate and keep it liquid. IT WORKED GREAT! The chocolate remained melted and “scoopable” the entire day.

36. Love this idea! My kids loves smores. Never thought about doing this. Thanks for an awesome recipe thats so easy and delicious!

37. I made this tonight with my family! It was so easy and fun to make and eat! Thank you so much for the idea! We will be doing it again!

I used a pie pan sitting on a foil lined cookie sheet. Oven at 450 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes. I placed 2 Hershey’s Bars in the pie pan, placed the marshmallows on and around until all the chocolate was covered than put in oven! It came out delicious!

So glad your family enjoyed it, Robin! And thanks for sharing your tips/modifications…I’m sure they’ll help someone else. ๐Ÿ™‚

38. Amanda Joy says:

It was very good. The chocolate was a it powdery, but ther than that it was great. I used part chocolate chips and part peanut butter chips. What would you store it in??? I tried a Tupperware but it was rather sticky. It’s really easy and I’m just 11.

So glad you enjoyed it, Amanda Joy! The chocolate can get powdery if it’s cooked too long, or it could have been because of the peanut butter chips you added…those don’t always melt as smoothly as regular chocolate chips. As far as storing it, I would recommend a glass Pyrex-type dish for easy reheating…but I think the marshmallows are going to be sticky/messy in just about any type of container! ๐Ÿ˜‰

39. Thank you very much for the recipe! Well, chocolate chips doesn’t exist here so I thought maybe I can replace it with chocolate bars. I put them into small pieces and I did other parts as you’ve said. It didn’t go well and chocolate was nearly burned instead of melting! But the taste was not so bad except a little of too sweet! I think it was because of the type of chocolate I’d used.

Sorry to hear it burned, Rammi! I hope you have better luck if you decide to try it again with a different type of chocolate… ๐Ÿ™‚

40. cecilia w. says:

Im making this for a crowd, I do have a nice size cast iron skillet my ques to u is im feeding a large crowd can it sit for awhile like 2 hrs. or no, taking it to a potluck party and it has to sit for 2 hrs before getting eaton, plz help i would really like to make this, i hope to hear from u.

Hi Cecilia! The cast iron skillet will keep the chocolate melted for awhile, but I’m afraid it will start to harden well before two hours are up. A previous comment suggested stirring a bit of vegetable oil into the chocolate chips to keep them smooth and melted (as is done with the chocolate in a chocolate fountain), but I haven’t personally tried that. Hope you’re able to try this recipe another time if it doesn’t end up working out for this particular potluck party. ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy Friday!

41. Woah. All your ads really get in the way of the flow of your posts. It’s hard to even make it through. Looks like a great recipe… I’m too tired of getting through the ads to look any further into your blog.

Hi Jessica! I’m sorry to hear that. I genuinely try to keep the ads on my site as unobtrusive as possible. I don’t allow pop-up ads or ads that overlay my photos (even though they generate the most revenue) because I want users to have a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, on mobile (I’m assuming you were looking at my site from your phone?), the only way to place ads is to intersperse them in the posts. I just looked at this post on my phone and, while the ads were there, I was able to scroll through and read the content with no problem. I wish that I didn’t have to use ads at all; however, I put 30 to 40 hours of work into this blog each week, and I’m not able to dedicate that kind of time away from my family without treating this as a full-time job. I spend all of that time creating FREE content and recipes for anyone who cares to stop by. The trade-off is that in exchange the free recipe, a reader has to scroll past a few ads. I don’t think that’s an unfair trade-off, and I find that corporate-run recipe sites have far more (and far more obtrusive) ads than most blogs. Anyway, I appreciate your feedback. Just wanted to explain why most blogs have any ads at all… ๐Ÿ™‚

42. I LOVE s’mores dip. Ever since I saw the idea on Pinterest I’ve been a fan. I love the version that the Dating Divas used, which uses reeses cups as the chocolate. I wanted to try it that way but my husband doesn’t like peanut butter :/ I made my own variation, however, which I LOVE, where I use brownies as the chocolate. OMG. This is an example of when a crazy idea actually works out!

43. MeaghanOfLach says:

I have made these twice now. The first round the chips did not melt evenly. My fault, didn’t measure! The second time perfection! I used the bottom of my measuring cup to tamp down the chips so they were evenly spread. Then quickly topped with the marshmallows. 7 min later….YUM!!! Definitely a dish to share. Tried to eat first batch alone, way too much! Even in my small cast iron of 8″. Will try again with our 4″ pans for indivdual servings.

I’m so glad you decided to give this recipe a second try and that it turned out great with correct measurements! And I love the idea of cute little individual servings… ๐Ÿ™‚

44. Fun, easy, delicious. We have made these several times now!

1. […] S’mores Dip |ย Five Heart home — How to Make a Board and Batten Headboard |ย Joy In Our Home — Chicken or Duck […]

2. […] skillet cooking is your specialty, this s’mores dip was made for you. Impress anyone, anytime by popping a skillet layered with chocolate chips and […]

3. […] of a friend somehow on the wonder of the Facebooks, shared a blog post from Five Heart Home called S’mores Dip, I was sold. I sent out invites for guinea pigs to come help me eat it. It’s pretty basic, […]

4. […] Easy Sโ€™mores Dipย –ย Courtesy of FiveHeartHome.com. […]

5. […] Check out this s’mores-tastic recipe: Five Heart Home […]

6. […] you’ve ever wanted to bite into a warm, gooeyย s’mores during the winter but came to the realization that it’s just too damn cold outside to sit […]

7. […] While we’re talking about how obsessed I am with Pinterest lately, here’s a recipe for s’mores dip I found on the site. Did you know you can buy a skillet off of Amazon? I’m really not sure I ever need to leave […]

8. […] Recipe from 5 Heart Home […]

9. […] This looks like the perfect sweet dip for a […]

10. […] deterred from – well, anything – I decided to bring s’mores inside. I considered S’mores Dip (still on the agenda) and S’mores Pie (definitely on the agenda), but settled on Triple […]

11. […] Okay, that’s it. Another decadent dessert here on Bellissima with this ever so seductive S’mores Dip. This one is screaming out to be made ASAP. And the fab news is it’s made in a skillet so no campfire, no marshmallows falling off of sticks and made to order for large groups of people…or maybe just yourself and the kids. ย And here is the full recipe! […]

12. […] says you need a campfire to eat smores? This oven smores recipe is […]

13. […] I want sโ€™more dip! And then sโ€™more and sโ€™more! Recipe here. […]

14. […] 9. S’mores Dip: Five Heart Home […]

15. […] Sโ€™mores Dip | Five Heart Home – Here’s another version of the s’mores dip but this one has a lot more gooey marshmallow, I couldn’t leave this recipe out. […]

16. […] Sโ€™mores Dip | Five Heart Home – This would be the perfect dip for a camping get together! Want something sweet but have limited resources? Grab your s’mores ingredients and mix this bad boy up! […]

17. […] you go sir: S?mores Dip Video but DAYUM they did it with PB cups inside!!! How to Make S'mores Dip, No Campfire […]

18. […] roasted-over-the-fire is the way I want to go, or maybe that amazing-looking (and totally genius) s’mores dip that I’ve been seeing all over Pinterest lately! I might just have to give that a try. I do […]

19. […] Recipe from FiveHeartHome […]

20. […] Donut S’mores Inside BruCrew Life S’mores Cupcakes Annie’s Noms S’mores Dip Five Heart Home Peanut Butter S’more Cookies The Crafting Foodie Peanut Butter S’more Bars Your Cup of […]

21. […] to do? Microwave ones just aren’t the same. So glad when this idea came around! I googled Skillet S’mores and then I grabbed the blog with the oldest entry…. she started this yummy deliciousness as […]

22. […] found the followingย  recipe online, to make sure I was making it correctly.ย  Honestly, there’s no way you can mess this […]

23. […] you could make, even without a campfire. ย Try putting peanut butter cups in the middle or make S’mores dip. ย Even if its raining outside you can still bring the fun atmosphere of camping, indoors by cooking […]

24. […] Raw cookbook by Gena Hamshaw), baked Kite Hill โ€œbrieโ€ with mango jam on Mariposa batard, and Sโ€™mores dip made with Enjoy Life chocolate chips and Dandies marshmallows (Mariposa gluten-free graham crackers […]

25. […] โ†‘ Five Heart Home, S’mores Dip […]

26. […] and showed me a photo of what they were trying to make, so I googled it and found a detailed recipe here (thank you for sharing!). It really is so easy, I think it can be done without the oven at all if […]